This year, MarineVerse Cup will graduate from the App Lab and will ship on the official store!
As MarineVerse, we want to promote sailing, and releasing on the main Quest store will enable us to reach more people than ever!
The exact date is still to be decided, follow us on social media, join Discord or our mailing list to be the first to know.
Take the Helm and Sail to Glory in MarineVerse Cup, a VR Sailing Game Coming Early Spring to Meta Quest 2!
Learn to sail and test your skills in varying wind conditions and challenging courses or just escape the winter weather with a casual cruise in the sun
Melbourne, Australia – Experience the thrill of sailing no matter where you are with no prior sailing experience required! MarineVerse Cup is a VR sailing game that features solo, co-op or multiplayer racing allowing you to compete against friends and other players or just take a relaxing lap around a course on your own. Whether you are an advanced sailor or just curious to give sailing a try, MarineVerse Cup can teach and challenge you or just let you take a more leisurely pace and focus on a course, surrounded by sea, sunshine and the sound of the waves lapping the boat.
Created by a team of sailors and engineers, MarineVerse Cup is designed to bring the world of sailing to anyone who may not have the time, physical stamina or access to a boat to enjoy the sport – or you can brush up on and practice your sailing skills in the middle of winter! With differing weather conditions to contend with, such as varying winds with gusts and lulls, the many courses available will challenge you differently each time for hours of replayability and a real test on your sailing prowess.
“We want to share our passion for sailing with the world, and Meta Quest 2 allows us to do just that!,” said Greg Dziemidowicz, Lead Developer for MarineVerse. “Our original intention with MarineVerse Cup was to teach people how to sail and then challenge them in a variety of race courses, but we’ve also found that a lot of more advanced sailors have simply enjoyed the nostalgia of being back at the helm from the comfort of their own home. Whether you want to play MarineVerse Cup to relax, learn or compete online, we promise you an exhilarating experience!”
MarineVerse Cup has a whole host of content for newcomers, as well as sailing veterans, including:
- The basics of sailing: detailed tutorials will help you with learning how to sail on the Yacht and Dinghy
- Multiplayer, Pro racing and WASZP available with “Sailing Pass” membership
- Time trials and mini-games: compete with other players for highscores on leaderboards
- 7 unique locations: sail on the seas around Sydney, San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Rio de Janeiro, Enoshima, and Cape Town
- Daily practice races and leagues: navigate courses with varying wind conditions and race with sailors based on your skill level
- An active and thriving community: Players are encouraged to join the Discord server where they can discuss races, tactics, ask for tips, or just have fun chatting to other
For more information on MarineVerse Cup visit the official website and follow the Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages to stay up to date with the latest news. If you’d like to try the game now, it’s still available through the App Lab for €19.99 / $19.99.
The game is being released with the assistance of Film Victoria