The way we use technology to communicate and do business is changing. Now, we’re at the tail end of Web 2 (the Internet as we know it today with full-time access through multiple devices and the ability to contribute content across multiple platforms) and overlapping with the onset of Web 3 and the Metaverse.
As the next evolution in communication, thought leaders and early adopters are embracing early versions of the emerging Metaverse. So, as an innovator, an early adopter of new ideas, how do you make the Metaverse an effective, meaningful tool to support your business now?
Learn from past mistakes
As the Internet began to evolve, many organizations jumped on the Internet bandwagon simply for the sake of doing so without having a strategy in place. It was like running before you knew which way you were going. That’s what organizations frequently did with their first websites and later with social media. Organizations first forays into the web and social media felt pointless. The technology had no ROI as organizations didn’t know what or how to measure. We’ve learned from the mistakes of the past.
Develop a well-thought-out strategy
We can draw a parallel to older generations of the Internet. We’ve been here before. Previously, organizations had to ask the following questions:
- How do we get on the Internet?
- How do we get into social media?
- How do we become more mobile compliant?
Now, how do we leverage the Metaverse? This time around, as the next iteration of the Internet, the Metaverse is inevitable. Organizations will enter the Metaverse no matter what. So, be smart about it. Understand that the Metaverse isn’t a magic bullet. While there are advantages to organizations entering the Metaverse earlier, do your homework. You still need a plan and a purpose. Having a well-thought-out strategy will prevent costly, short-sighted mistakes and pay big dividends. Start by asking the same questions you asked when you implemented your website and later added social media. Identify where your leads and clients are related to the Metaverse. Determine your goals and objectives. Learn how to use the technology to support those goals and objectives.
Decide which metaverse model works best for your needs
To use the metaverse effectively for your organization, determine what’s most important to you:
- Generating leads?
- Showing your brand in new ways?
- Creating an engine of innovation within your organization?
- Helping team members stay productive and feel connected and valued?
- Providing a combination of these things?
With answers to these questions, you’ll know which way to go in the Metaverse. From your goals, identify concrete objectives and follow with the means to achieve them through your strategy. The Metaverse is the place to carry out your strategy. Currently, you can use the Metaverse as an activation (similar to the way we use social media) or a destination (similar to the way we use traditional websites plus so much more).
Using the Metaverse as an activation
If you’re exclusively looking for lead generation, the advantages of using the Metaverse as an activation (especially for many B2C organizations) include:
- It’s a great way to find leads
- The service provider brings leads to you
- It supports the awareness phase of the customer journey
The disadvantages of using the Metaverse as an activation include:
- You’re buying or leasing space in someone else’s metaverse
- Your service provider controls your messaging, content, target audience, and user experience
- Your competitors are in spaces right alongside you
- Only supports awareness phase of customer journey
- There’s no internal use case
Using the Metaverse as a destination
For a more comprehensive solution, use the Metaverse as a destination:
- Have your own space that you design and control
- Determine your target audience, your messaging and attract leads most interested in your products.
- Control all phases of the customer journey (which can’t happen with traditional websites or third-party service providers)
- Allow teams to meet and collaborate in various internal use cases
The Metaverse for your entire organization
The Metaverse is not just a marketing tool, just a sales tool or just an HR tool. It’s changing the way your entire organization does everything. So, it’s important to ask your organization what it wants from a metaverse:
- What are company-wide, departmental, team, and individual needs?
- What are the limitations of current technology?
- How do we design the best experience for our internal team, leads and customers?
Across departments, everyone benefits from content hosting, productive meetings and effective collaboration. Externally, the value proposition is leading the market or industry you’re in as an early adopter. Change isn’t always easy, but it’s beneficial and positive. The team that embraces innovation isn’t afraid to try new things. Internally, the value proposition is fostering innovation. It creates excitement, showing your team that you’re a future-focused brand planning for the long term.
Making the Metaverse an effective, meaningful tool to support your business now involves learning from past mistakes, developing smart goals and objectives, and using the metaverse as the place to carry out your strategy. And there’s one more thing you need to enter the metaverse – the right technology. Welcome to Meetaverse by Allseated.
Meetaverse your corporate metaverse solution
Whether you’re simply looking for lead generation or you’re ready for a comprehensive solution to support the entire customer journey and give your internal teams the tools to communicate, collaborate and create effectively, Meetaverse gets you up and running with your own corporate metaverse now.
Create a corporate metaverse your entire organization will love. With Meetaverse, navigate, communicate and collaborate in digital workplaces designed to accelerate sales, provide immersive brand experiences, and support remote work environments. Imagine in one room, the sales team is closing another deal. Next door, the marketing team is hosting a product launch event. Across the hall, the HR team is holding a training session. From simple meeting spaces to comprehensive digital office environments, customize your corporate metaverse today with Meetaverse.
- Meetings: formal and informal, 1-to-1, 1-to-many (facilitates group engagement)
- Screen sharing: both in conversations and presentations with full screen capability
- Ability to share files, videos and live stream
- Meeting recordings (GDPR compliant)
- Easy, self-guided navigation
- Video/Audio calling
- Chat: upload and download files (with emojis)
- Fully customizable design with content integration for endless branding opportunities
- Presentations: multiple configurations (multiple or panel presenters)
- Audience participation with live Q&A, chat, emoticons, and more
- Dashboard with administrative controls and analytics